Before I start writing about my lake adventure I just wanted to say that I managed it to catch the school bus to take a picture for you guys! And I took some other school photos.
Sooooooo this is what happened:
We left the house yesterday right after we came home from school. The journey to Lampe, Missouri took us about 7 hours, but as I love driving in the car for a long time this was no problem for me.
The house here is very beautiful. It's not big, but it's lovely. I share a room with my younger host sister Claire and Mary Kate sleeps on the couch.
Today I saw the lake for the first time as it was dark when we arrived yesterday. It's so beautiful here, I can't believe it!!!
We had fun on the "Maui Mat", a big mat on which you can sit and it doesn't get under the water. You can also do stupid things on it and have fun - that's what my new siblings and I did. And I went paddle boarding. It's strange at the beginning but when you know how it works it's awesome!
Then I waterskied! Owen wakeboarded. He's pretty good at it! After that we drove with the boat to the cliffs and jumped form them! I was afraid the first time, but I did it. I want to try everything I can.
And after all this exciting things the highlight of the day happened: We went surfing!!! You surf behind the motor boat and it was my first time trying this. And I did it! I'm so proud of myself!
We had Pizza for dinner and Mary Kate, Claire and I picked some apples from a tree next to the street which are sooo tasty! Yummy!
Tomorrow we will waterski again and we will go to the church.
Then we will skype with my parents, because they want to meet my host family. Excited!
PS.: I wanted to upload two videos, but it didn't work. I will try it again tomorrow. Please don't be disappointed
The famous yellow school bus!
These are the new lockers. I have an old one :(
And yes they have this combination lock.
I think it's called drinking fountain. Strange things.
This is the lake
My host family's house
Women-Power!
Sisters on the Maui-Mat
I love this mat!
The feet there are Claire falling into the water :)
Paddle boarding
(Sorry for bad quality)
Am I good at it or what?
Waterskiing. As I haven't been doing it for a long time I wanted to start with two skies...
Tomorrow: Mono-ski!
My host brother Owen. Amazing...
The cliffs
Let's jump!
Can you see me?
Hellooooo!
Here we go. After three times trying to get out of the water here I am!
Yeah without the rope! It's sooo much fun!
Sunset again...
As there are no mountains you can see the sun until it's totally gone



Wow, the pictures are so totally cool... the buses and the water fountains are especially funny because that is really how you think they look like, even if you haven't seen them for real and just in movies xD
ReplyDeleteAnd the trip sounds like so much fun... I mean it's water. Water! I love water sports :D
Enjoy the trip :D
It's really hard to drink from the water fountain hahaha :P
Deleteso excited to know if you have tried mono ski....?? if yes - successfully or did you get hurt? ;-)
ReplyDeletebussi aufs bauchi :-x
Yes i did successfully! :D
DeleteBussi aufs bauchi zurueck :-*