Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The forever alone life

Hey there.

My first day of school is nearly over. I wouldn't say it was horrible, but it was not like I expected.
And I don't get how this whole school system works. It's just strange!

Here's my long story:

Before I got to school everything was fine. I stood up early, but because of my jet-lag I wasn't soooo tired. My host sister Mary Kate and I got into her car and drove to school. I was so excited and really happy when I found the class room where I had my first lesson: Advisory (I think it works like this: The first 15 minutes you have to read a book chosen by yourself and which is easily understandable for you and after this time you can work on projects or something else you have to do for school, but you are not allowed to work on your computer, because they don't want you to go to youtube and that stuff)

Anyways, I met some girls and talked to them about Austria. Then I had some problems with my locker, but I figured it out and I know now how this works. My next class was Journalistic Publications. They make the newspaper for the school and the yearbook. My teacher is strange. She's loud, she's hyperactive but she goes with the time and wants us to make a Twitter account.
This block (we have 4 blocks a day) is splitted. Some students who took Choir (singing stuff) can leave and go to the music room. Well, guess what: I was the only one of my class who took Choir. Luckily one girl went with me to the music room.
Choir is good. I like the teacher. But I didn't understand what I should do with a form he gave every student. So I still have this form and everybody else did what we had to do with it.
Next: English 10 Writing. I have this teacher of Journalistic Publications. She told us something about Brainstorming and then we should fill in a questionnaire and my computer opened an error sign. Yeah! -.-
My following class was Video Productions. The teacher is nice. He likes me, because I'm foreign. Well, thank you. We talked about the structure of a news channel, because we will produce the clips shown on the TVs in our school. Every friday a new clip.

Then we finally had lunch. I didn't have money on my lunch card. I went to the secretary and asked for a solution. They said I can give them cash and they put it on my card. I ran over to my locker which is miles away at the other end of the school and smells awful! I got my money and ran back to the secretary. When I crossed the lunch hall I saw that the kitchen was already closed - no lunch for Hannah today.

Last class was FST. I was positive again, because I thought this is one subject I'm good at. They work with their laptop! Nobody told me that! I don't know how to do maths on a laptop. And then my computer crashed - I had to go to the computer room. I waited for one hour. They got it fixed. I missed more than 90 percent of maths class and now I have to do everything at home. I was in this class for 10 minutes and I knew the solution but I wasn't able to say it so I kept sitting there saying nothing.

But the baddest thing is that we are not allowed to carry bags. That means the laptop bag on one shoulder, all my books in my hands, because as my locker is at the other end of my school I don't have the time to put stuff inside and out if I need/don't need it.

My FST teacher said: These are the problems of being new...

Perfect song now! Motivation!

Now I'm at home. I will organize my things now, write maths stuff and do my homework. And tomorrow again. Life of a student. A new student. A stranger.


First day!



One of my classrooms


4 comments:

  1. Aww, those situations are really bad at the beginning... But I think they'll disappear after some time and then you'll manage everything like a student from Iowa does! :)
    Isn't it always like that - everything going wrong in the beginning and then later on, it gets better and better. I think you're gonna have fun there soon :D
    Hope, the teachers won't be a problem for you (would be really mean if they would pick on you!), and I'm sure soon everything will work out.
    How long do these blocks take? :)
    And the pics are really cool too, so I'm seeing forward to the next post.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep running and rock it little cousin :-) gonna be better after a few days!
    lg alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have normal classes yet, because this was the first week. I will check that when i get the schedule for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha I'll rock it bigger cousin!
    Bussi :-*

    ReplyDelete