Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Schedule of the last days

Hi everyone!

My last days were really stressy and so I thought about making a schedule for you to see what I did:

Thursday: I arrived at 1 o'clock in the morning after my flight from Minneapolis, Minnesota to Cedar Rapids, Iowas was delayed. I nearly started to cry, because I was so tired, but I told myself not to panic and not to start crying on my first day. I met a guy who was an exchange student five years ago. We have been talking the whole flight long.
Then my Counselor Denise (Counselor = person I can talk to if I have problems with my host family,...) and my second host parents Don&Becky picked me up. I don't know if I told you that already: I say my "second" host family, because my first host family was on vacation at the time of my arrival. So I had to stay at Don and Beckys' house for a few days.
Anyways, we drove "home" and I fell asleep in my new bed.
Later that day we drove to my new school, the Washington High School, to get a form I had to fill in to be registered and we drove to the Washington State Bank to open up a new bank account for me.
We were at the Farmers' Market where farmers, especially Amish, sell their things. I'm totally love with the cherry pie of the Amish!
In the evening we went to Cafe Dodici, an italian restaurant in the downtown. Yum Yum Yum Yummy!!!

Friday: First time at Walmart!!! Don said it's the "stylish place" hahaha - it was sarcastic! The people you see there are strange! Really strange! But they have EVERYTHING! They have clothes, fruits, every kind of food, furniture, drugs, school supplies - everything!
In the evening I had to go the school again for an orientation meeting for all Freshman and Newbies. Some Seniors showed us the rooms, we had ice cream and played Volleyball. It was fun and I met many new people.

Saturday: Jonah, a guy from Fairfield IA going to Spain, came over and we drove to the Iowa State Fair! It was awesome! There is a fun park and attractions like the biggest cow, the biggest horse, the biggest pig,... I have never seen such giant animals! Never ever! And I found my friend from Austria, the kangaroo! Jk, always remember: There are NO kangaroos in Austria, ok?!
And I saw the famous butter cow! Later I met Giulia, an exchange student from Italy and her host sister Taylor.
When we drove home we stopped at a restaurant (50's - style). Great day! I fell asleep in the car...

Sunday: LET'S GO TO THE MALL! TODAY! Shopping in Iowa city with my Counselor! It's amazing! You see all the shops you have heard of but never been to, like GAP, Hollister, Victoria's Secret,... I filled the empty places in my closet with new clothes.
And they have an ice skating place in the mall! I can't believe it!
Later we had a BBQ an I finally met my lovely host sister Mary Kate and her whole family!

Monday: Going to the school again - we had to figure out my schedule. I took Journalistic Publications, Choir 1, English Writing 10, Video Productions, Advisory (gosh, i can't remember what this is) and FST (Functions, Statistics and Trigonometry) for the first term.
And then I got my Apple MacBook Pro!!! WooopWooop! I have to figure out how it works, buuuut I'm writing this post with it - I'm a genius.
After dinner Mary Kate, Caitlin, Gracey, Ashley and I got in the car, met some other friends at Walmart and we drove to the house of Tweener. We had lots of fuuuun!

Plans for today: School shopping - done
Jonah comes over!!!! He leaves in three days and I don't want him to go! Don't leave me Jonah!!! :(
Jonah's blog

Farmers' Market!


Yes, we are known for CORN!


Fresh vegetables!


Amish selling pies and yummy stuff!

Don, Becky, Jonah, Denise and I



Giulia, Jonah, Taylor and I


Butter Cow

Biggest Pumpkin - 908 pounds!
Look how small my hand is!

My old friend...

Giant chair :O

Biggest Bull, his name is Squirt and he weights 3,032 pounds!

Otis, 1,103 pounds

Ice Skateing in the mall

No comments:

Post a Comment