Tuesday, August 20, 2013

School tomorrow!

Only one day left until school starts here...
It's good and it's bad - good, because I will meet so many new people and finally make new friends, bad, because ... because it's SCHOOL!

On one hand I'm totally excited! I don't know what to wear, I don't know what to put in my bag and what I will need. And I don't know how people will react - the stranger from the other side of the earth! An alien!!
And on the other hand I don't want to get up so early! Why can't school start at 10? Would be so much nicer!
If I would be in Austria, I would have two more weeks of holidays! But: School ends at the end of May here, so I will have a loooooong summer next year!

Anyways, we will see how it is. Wish me luck!
Ah and if you want to: You can follow me on Instagram - hannahmaria0 - to see more pictures. Thanks!

ONE DAY LEFT!


The hard reality...


10 comments:

  1. Wow, Hannah, I feel so happy for you! Being an exchange student has to be one of the greatest things ever... I'd love to be one, but that probably won't happen, bad luck, haha. ;)
    But it's so cool that you get to be there in Iowa.
    I'm already seeing forward to your next entry about school life there. I would be sooo~ nervous, probably couldn't talk at all. You're so brave!
    Good luck, Hannah! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not? I think everybody should have the chance to do it!

      Delete
    2. I'm not really sure because of the money part (I've been searching for some schedule but couldn't find anything...?) and I also think that my parents wouldn't like the idea... Yeah, the main problem would probably be to tell my parents that I want to do something like that (don't know if they'd just be stunned or would tear me apart, haha xD). I wouldn't even want to go outside the EU, I'd like to go to Finland, but yeah, don't know if I have the courage and necessary requirements to do so. xD

      Delete
    3. I'm doing my exchange with Rotary. Do you know that? It's a worldwide community. Where do you come from?
      Rotary is much cheaper than other companies or doing an exchange privately.
      If you think one year is too long or you're not sure if you can stand it, Rotary also offers an exchange for I think two months in summer.
      Love,
      Hannah

      Delete
    4. Maybe this sounds weird now, but I'm actually from Austria too xD" (I just wrote everything in English because it just fits the atmosphere here better than just writing plain dialect or something like that... man, I sound so weird right now D: )
      It's so nice of you to write back that fast ^^
      And yes, I knew you were doing this with Rotary, but somehow, I can't seem to find the costs for an exchange in Finland... just some extra tours they offer when you are already in Finland, haha ^^"
      Well, I have to think about that, but actually, I'm more interested in the whole school year exchange. Two months seem a little bit short...
      Thank you for the quick answer!

      Delete
    5. Hahaha that's not weird and I think it's funny that we write in English :P
      It's like this: You don't have to pay for the family. You pay the arrangement fee and then for things like Visa, flight, trips, presents and stuff like that. And as the family where you will stay doesn't get money your parents have to host an exchange student too :)

      Delete
    6. It just sounds more professional this way, haha xD
      Ahhh, now things get clearer... Well, I think I'm really going to think about this, probably do some extra work to gain money and then surprise my parents...
      The only problem is how I'll get them to host another student... but I hope I can find a way :)
      Thanks for the help ^^

      Delete
    7. Haha yes it does :)
      That's a good idea! And where do you want to go if you do it?
      Tell them that it's a unique experience and that they won't regret it! My dad didn't like the ides of hosting an exchange student either but now he's totally happy!
      You're welcome ;)

      Delete
  2. Well, actually the only thing I know is that it's going to be somewhere in Finland... I just really like this country and want to know more about it and the people there :)
    I'm going to let my conviction talents play that part... Yeah :D
    Really appreciate your advise and help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finland is great. I mean I have never been there but I heard much about it and it sounds awesome!
      Haha tell me what they said ok?
      That's really no problem! I love to help you to do the best thing ever!

      Delete