Friday, September 6, 2013

It's Football Friday!

Good morning/evening/night ;)

I'm beginning to feel very comfortable in school. I love the people there. I always talk to the same people in my classes and sometimes I meet new people in the hallway. I know now why people didn't talk to me at the beginning: They didn't know that I am an exchange student! That was the problem.
Things that I noticed is that people give me compliments very often: They are totally in love with my style of clothes and say that my outfits are "cute". Yesterday one girl asked me if I have a boyfriend and when I said "No" she couldn't believe it and said that this is impossible, because I'm so pretty.

We had a little party on Thursday. It was a business party of the office of my host dad. We had pizza and cupcakes.
In the evening I studied a little bit for my test and finally! The cat came over and wanted me to pet her. I love you too Tigger.

School itself is boring as ever. I do nothing the first four days of the week and on friday I fill in my grade sheet, hand in my work and write my tests and that's it. I had three tests today (actually it was yesterday, because it's 01:40 here right now): One of them was not really a test - we had to find out information about "Freedom of Religion in the US" and answer some questions, the next test was a vocab revision in English Writing which was easy and my last test was in Contemporary Health - Multiple Choice, 75 questions and it was really hard for me, because as I am not a native speaker I don't understand the words, especially not when it comes to health. I'm a little bit proud that I wrote my first "real" test in English and hope that it won't be that bad...

AND! Today was FOOTBALL FRIDAY! It was the first football game I have ever joined - and it was awesome! I love football and I hope to be able to go there next week again. They have a motto every week and the students have to wear what the motto says. Today's motto was "America". I saw so many creative outfits, but I didn't take photos (sadly), because it all was so crowded.
My friend Katy picked me up at my house and we drove to a friend to eat a burger. By the way: I thought about making a post with pictures of typical american food. I think it's a good idea and an opportunity to show you what we eat here. I will write this post in one or two weeks when I have enough food-photos.
However, we met some other girls and talked a little bit. Then we went over to the football field and as I have this "Activity card" I didn't have to pay for the entry.
It was so crazy! Football is a really big deal here! People don't sit on their benches, no, they stand on them, jumping and screaming. At first the marching band played the national anthem and then the game started. The cheerleaders danced and screamed and motivated the people. We all screamed sayings and clapped, jumped and waved. I didn't know the sayings, but that didn't matter, I learned them after a while and screamed the soul out of my body (if this saying doesn't exist: I'm sorry, but this is a german expression for screaming very loudly). Now I have no voice anymore, but it was worth it.
Sadly the Washington Demons (our High School team) lost, but who cares. It was fun though!

And I have some more school photos.


The gym. Looks like in the movies, right?

This is how the hallway looks like

The school garden.
It's not finished and there are some sculptures from Sculpture&Ceramics

Famous combination lock!
Many people don't close their locker, because it's annoying to open them after every class.

My first test ever. All points!

TEST, TEST, TEST! Aaaah!

Contemporary health book.
I took a photo with my finger to show how thick it is.

Office party

Tigger!

Marching band

Washington Demons go, go, GO!

There we go!

I love you Ashley!

MURICA!

Glow Stick Sister
Katy

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your test results :D
    And I hope the one in Contemporary Health went well... but multiple choice makes every test a little bit easier (mostly xD)
    And wow - with that book you can kill somebody easily oO Careful with that thing...
    The locker... how does it work? At our school, we also have to do some kind of combination of three number pairs, but we do not have a similar keylock xD
    The school garden looks very... small, but if it's not finished, haha, what do I expect xD
    Have to agree with you concerning the gym, but also the hallway... it looks exactly as in all movies ^^
    Aww, the cat is so cute... I couldn't have finished learning if a cat like that would be there... would have to pet it over and over :D
    I wonder if the marching band plays as the Austrian do... xD
    The motto thing is really interesting, wow - great photos by the way.
    And the picture compilations with Jonah and you is just... crazy ;)
    Have fun!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok the locker thing is weird: You have to turn it right until you have crossed the zero-line two times - then continue turning it right until you reach your first number - turn it left until you cross the first number and continue turning until your second number - then turn right again until your third number - that's it. It takes a little while to understand it and is really annoying but there's nothing you can do abobut it except leaving the locker open/half closed.
      I think the school garden is not really a garden. It's just a little area where plants are supposed to be. And we don't have a real garden for the big break. We eat lunch inside and are not allowed to go outside or to leave the lunch area.
      And sorry I had to delete the Photo collage because people complained about it...

      Delete
    2. Haha, the locker system is exactly the same as ours :D
      Aww, it's a pity the collage is gone (wonder how people can complain about it xD), but I've seen it and if you had to delete it then I won't complain, no need for an apology^^

      Delete