Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Busy days

I try not to write too long today, I promise.

So the last days were busy:
I was at a market again where I saw many things like several kinds of pumpkins, a lot of popcorn, lemonade and much more. After the market I went to the store where my host mother Lynn works. It's a little and pretty store in the downtown of Washington. They sell really cool things there and some of them reminded me of my sister, so I bought a little present for her.
When Lynn got off from work, she drove with Mary Kate and me to Iowa City to go shopping. As I signed in for Cross Country I needed new sports shoes, because I left my old ones in Austria - they were ruined and the suitcase was overweight anyways. And I bought some new sports clothes and other things.
The shops here are very cool! But the sad thing is that they don't have my favorite basic shop H&M what makes me sad. I googled it and I realized that there is no H&M in Iowa. :(

I skyped with a friend of mine for 6 hours, Bella. She's in Ohio right now and was home alone so we started to Skype and had so much to discuss about and to tell the other one that the time melted like a snowflake. It was good to speak some German again. I miss it. Sometimes I watch YouTube videos from German Youtubers. And I don't know why; when I stop them and "go back into reality" I often expect people here to talk German and when they start to speak in English I'm a little bit disappointed. I'm reading a German book right now, because I wanted to read it on the plane when I came here, but I didn't. So I read it in my English Writing class as we have to have a reading log. I try not to read too fast, because I want to have it as long as possible...

And yesterday I helped at a Rotary activity: I put the pies into plastic bags and helped people if they were looking for a special kind of pie. I have never ever seen so much pie in my life! I promise! It was so much that Becky gave me a whole plastic bag with cookies and cheese cake to say thank you for the help.

Today morning I had Cross Country practice. At 6:30! It was hard, but it keeps me fit in this country of fat food. My tummy is kind of crazy right now, so I hope the sport helps me.

Can you remember when I talked about my order? On the internet? It's here!!!!! I'm so happy!

Pumpkin-Paradise!

The best lemonade ever!

Homemade lemon shake ups yummy!

The store where Lynn works

Look at all those lovely things

If you don't know Pinterest - everybody has it here!

Have you heard of it?

Make up heaven!

Favourite! I could go there ten times the same day and would find something every time!

...

Oh my god!!!

Heared of it, but never been to :/

Pie, Pie, PIE!

The candy-girls. My element!

Normal talking

and crazy stunts!

Oh no!

That's a good thing, isn't it?

So in love!


That's how they look worn


4 comments:

  1. Respect for getting up so early for running practice, haha :)
    Ohhh, should I write more in German? (I don't know if it would help or if it would strengthen the feeling of disappointment :x)
    Skype for six hours? Wow, that's really long... I'd be surprised if I'd do two and a half hours or something like this and then one half would be like silence... xD
    And yes, that's a lot of pie... Paradise :D
    The shoes look really good, great stuff you ordered ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's hard to get up early - especially when you are a late rise like I am :(
    It's ok to write in English, because writing and speaking are completely different things...
    And thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ich war noch nie bei victorias sectret... und bei uns gibts auch nicht so coole Schuhe und wenn du dein deutsches buch fertig hast dann bestell dir einfach 10 neue im internet, hab gehört die da drüben in amerika haben auch internet :-)

    knutschi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich hab auch nur kurz reingeschaut. Aber es ist so cool!!!
      Echt? Muss mich mal informieren wie das hier mit dem Internet ausschaut... :P

      Delete