Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Technical Problems :(

Hi everybody!

This post will contain "non-exchange-things", but I hope you like it even it is not really about the exchange...
So, remember when I talked about the special present for my best friend. I have a story to tell about that: I made a video for her birthday (I will post the link below). It took me about 8 hours to do it, because I am not really good at technical things. As it was finished I wanted to post it on her Facebook Page, I uploaded it until 35% and then it got stuck, I refreshed the page, uploaded it to 100% and then Facebook told me that it is unable to finish it. I tried it with YouTube, but they deleted it after 10 minutes. My last try was with Dropbox; I uploaded it, but it didn't work... I was so mad that I started to scream and curse with my laptop in German (yes, I still curse in German). I totally broke down and started crying, because it took me so long to make this video and then the technology destroyed my dreams of surprising my best friend. She found out what I wanted to do and so the surprise was totally ruined. There you can see how thin my nerves are...
Today I tried it with Dropbox again and it worked! Why?! It even said "uploaded yesterday at 22:30" - No, Dropbox! It should say "making Hannah mad yesterday at 22:30, because it didn't work for no reason".

Anyway, here is the link for the present if you want to see it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/24ysng74auly3nd/BirthdayPresent.mov

Today I will have another XC Meet... I don't know if I want to run. I'm sick and my throat hurts really badly. The Meet is in Mt.Pleasant and it goes only uphill what doesn't make it better, but the weather is colder than last time. We will see. I will keep you guys up to date.

Also I have some more photos of the Meeting on Saturday.









4 comments:

  1. I think this has to be the cutest birthday present ever... It's really great and I can see that you put a lot of work in it. The other websites just didn't want to acknowledge this great piece of work ;)
    And with or without surprise, this present still has a lot of great things in it... The idea is so great!
    (again, really nice pics with the flags and so on... I'm just repeating myself lol)
    Hope you get better with your throat and everything. Great work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Yeah it took me a long time to finish it, but it was worth it.
    I was not at school today, because of my throat and I have no voice anymore, what is really bad, because I have a concert on Saturday.
    But I'm positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great attitude!
    So, if you attend the concert I wish you the best^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will sing at the concert. My voice isn't as good as normal and sometimes it cracks, but it should be ok for one song.

      Delete