Sunday, October 6, 2013

Homecoming

First of all "What  is Homecoming?"
People explained it to me like this: It is the day when they welcome back the alumni of the High School. They come from university to visit their friends and family. I hope I understood that right and don't tell you nonsense now...
However, this tradition includes many things which are a lot of fun: Every day of the week before Homecoming has a motto. Students have to dress up to this motto and go to school in their costume. Our week was like this:
Monday - Duck Dynasty Day
Tuesday - Decade Day
Wednesday - Celebrity Day
Thursday - Superhero/Fairytale Day
Friday - Spirit Day (orange & black)

There is something called Powder Puff. It's football for girls and took place on Thursday. Even I didn't play it was a lot of fun to see the girls running around and being confused.
After school people went to float building. Every grade made their own float for the parade on Friday. Sports teams also had their own float. I was, of course, part of the Cross Country float. On the parade the students sat or stood on the float and drove through the town.

Then there is a Homecoming King and a Homecoming Queen. Teachers and Students from the 12th grade decide who becomes a candidate - 4 girls and 4 boys. They are then in the Homecoming Court. On Thursday the election took place. It was like a real election where we got a sheet with all the names of the candidates on it and went in a room to a polling booth.
Who it is is told on Friday after school. Sadly I missed this part of Homecoming week because I went home as I didn't know it took place. I hate myself for that, but as I came back to school for the parade I saw that Mary Kate won and was Queen and Jiovanni the King. I was so happy!

On Friday night the Homecoming Football game took place. Katy picked me up again and we drove to a friend's house to do some face painting. Then we drove to the game. I love football Friday, because I meet so many people and talk a lot and just have fun! Luckily we won 35 to 10! I think it should be like this - if a school has Homecoming they should win the football game.

Today, Saturday, was the Homecoming dance. Mary Kate did my make-up and hair and it just looked gorgeous! She's the best host sister you can imagine!!!
We, a huge group of about 20 people, met to take pictures and then drove to a restaurant in Kalona. The food was great, but we had to wait for it for 2 hours and it was just sooooo long!
After that we drove back to the Washington High School. The dancing was cool! Some girls and I danced a lot and it was just great. In Innsbruck, the capital of my state at home, we don't have places where you can really dance... That's kind of sad. Another good thing is that I didn't break my ankle in my heels. They were actually really comfortable and I'm so happy about my decision to buy them.

I took about one million pictures so I have many to post. They all look similar, but yeah ... just the typical Homecoming posing I would say.
Let it begin!!!

Duck Dynasty Day
I didn't know what it is, so I did not prepare an outfit :(

Decade Day
I'm a 50's girl with my poodle skirt and Maggie is I think an 80's girl

Celebrity Day
The most adorable Marilyn Monroe ever!
I had no blue wig for Katy Perry, so I just dressed up as always - Beca from Pitch Perfect

Superhero/Fairytale Day
Definitely my favorite of the week

We're gonna save the world!

Batgirls and Supergirls

Spirit Day

All this orange and black!

Powder Puff

How the Seniors came to Powder Puff haha 
By the way: That's a float!

Signs for our garden and the parade

On this picture I'm in my XC uniform, because we had a meet before

Cheerleaders in action

:)

Aww that's so cute!

Stars of the student section.
Our stars looked pretty good!

Mary-Kate-Hair-Attack

I just loved my make-up and hair! It was amazing! Thank you so much <3


There we are!

The girly girls! We look so fancy!

My date Lucas

Sam!
(After being interrupted during making this photo for ten thousand times)

Amber
Her dress was cut out on the side and it just looked adorable!

Marisa is such a wonderful person! She just looked amazing tonight - as always!

Morgan's wonderful and fluffy blue dress

Emma is such a cutie!

Sarah :)

Macy

Shannon and the cute kitty which was running around when we took pictures.
"It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!"

Gold-and-White-Power!

I love these girls so muuuch!!!
(I'm just so tall, because I wore heels and they took them off)

With the Homecoming King Jiovanni!
He deserves it so much! Congratulations again!
Sadly I couldn't find Mary Kate in the dancing crowd. I lost my purse for a few minutes and then she was gone :(

They deserve it so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment