Monday, October 14, 2013

2 MONTHS

Guess what day it is? 14. October! That means? Yes, two months are already over! Can you imagine that?
It doesn't seem like a long time... Well, somehow it does and somehow not. I don't know.
It seems like the last month passed really fast! I can proudly say that I only cried once and that was because my laptop didn't work when I made the birthday present for my best friend as I told you some weeks ago.
Sometimes I think "What if I would have decided to go to another country? Would there have been a better choice?", but then I think about all the amazing people I have met through the choice "America" and about how many I will meet in the following months. I know Iowa is not the best place to be and I know there are some other states which are a hundred times better, but I don't regret anything. I know I said it a million times but: For me it doesn't matter where I am! The only thing that counts is that I am ON EXCHANGE!

Ok now to the news:

The company of my host dad had an "Oktoberfest" party and I helped giving the guests pretzels. It was a lot of fun!

I go to every football game I can, because even I don't really understand how it works, I like being there and meeting my friends. Last Friday was the game against Mt.Pleasant and I met my German friend Franzi there as she stays there. We decided to make a sleepover as soon as the Marching Band season is over. Then she will have time on Saturdays. It was a lot of fun and kind of strange to talk German again. We didn't really know how to say things and sometimes we had to think about different expressions, because some of them only exist in English and we didn't know how to say that in German, but after a little while it became better. Sadly we forgot to take a picture together...

On Saturday my host family and I were at a parade, because of Columbus day and then we spend our afternoon at the place of Paul's parents. They had a house there, moved to somewhere else, but still own the ground including two ponds, a forest and grassland. It's huge!

As Owen and Paul had an overnight in the camper there, Mary Kate was in the cinema and Claire was at a party, Lynn and I made sandwiches and watched a movie together. We had a nice "Mother&Daughter"- evening!

PS.:  I am working on a new art project with the topic "beauty". I will post it as soon as it is finished.



"Oktoberfest"
Not the original one, but still nice


Got photo bombed

It's always so much fun to hang out with this girl!
Thank you Chayse for everything!



Some fun cars!

Those guys with the hat are just crazy




Never forget the cowboys!

I wish my best friend would have been here. We would have taken so many awesome photos.
Miss my photo-session-friend...

So beautiful

On the rock deer!

A little bit of Austria. KTM

Nice evening with my host mum

A little selfie to show you all that I am alright :)

No comments:

Post a Comment