On the 18th and 19th of January we had an Orientation Meeting in Indianola, a city about two hours away from Washington. It was a Meeting for all the Inbounds of 2013/14 and future Outbounds, or as we call them "Newbies", of 2014/15. There are positive and also negative aspects about it:
Starting with the bad things: It made me realize again that there are already new exchange students for next year and that the end is not far away.
The good thing was that I met so many amazing people on that weekend. I got to see my loved inbounds again and got to know a lot of new people who are now a big part of my life. I don't know what it is, but you get close with exchange students really fast and that is a very special thing.
On Saturday we had speeches all day long and later in the evening a DJ came and we danced for hours. It was so much fun, because I love dancing so much! After that some friends and I talked until two in the morning. The next day we had speeches again until noon and then the inbounds had free time while the outbounds got a presentation together with their parents.
I am so thankful for getting the chance to meet so many awesome teenagers on my exchange!
Now some pictures which pretty much describe the fun we had…
 |
| Those people tho... |
 |
| Newbies ^^ |
 |
| All the flags of the countries the outbounds go to |
 |
| This chick is going to Austria next August! Can't wait to have her over! |
 |
| Proud boys (medals from the "Olympics" we had) and me in the background |
 |
| Te amo Silvia! :-* |
 |
| Mexican Swag |
 |
| Awww |
 |
| pretty much describes our group |
 |
| little break from dancing |
 |
| Gangsters of Iowa |
 |
| What should I say... |
 |
| "Ha it works!" (a little insider) |
 |
| When people photo bomb you while you planned on taking a selfie |
 |
| just having some fun |
 |
| Duckface oohoo |
 |
My mains. Can't wait to go on tour with them |
 |
| Life is too short to learn German - good that we know it already |
 |
| Best people from D6000 this year |
 |
| Playing "Taboo" with foreigners is so funny |
 |
| When there is this 6' 5" guy |
 |
Megan is my weirdest friend ever. I love her so much! It's also weird that she looks so much like Nicole, who is staying at my house back home |
No comments:
Post a Comment