Thursday, January 16, 2014

5 MONTHS

I am late again. Sorry sorry sorry. It seems like I have all the stuff going on the 14th of the month so I never get to write the post on time. Dang it.

However! I have to say that the last month didn't go by as fast as the months before… I honestly don't know why. All I can say is that I started to socialize a lot more. I do stuff with other teens after school and that is really cool! I used to be at home a lot, not because I didn't have friends, but they just never invited me to do things, so I kinda stayed back, but now I just ask if they want to hang out. I had this one crazy dream the other night: It was about me being at my Austrian School again. Some of my American friends were with me too. I surprised all my classmates with just walking into the classroom and they started to scream because of excitement. Later in the dream my American friends had to leave to drive to the airport for their flight back home. That was the moment when I woke up and suddenly I just started crying, not because I got homesick - because I didn't want to realize that I have to leave America at one point or another. I met such amazing people here, every one of them so unique in their own way and I don't want to leave it behind! I just try not to think about it…
I am not half way yet, but soon and it scares me. It really scares me, because people say the second half goes by way faster and the first half already passed so fast.

Well, to give you an update:
Today was my first day of the 3rd Term. That means the school year is half over. My classes are Biology, Speech, US History and Spanish 1.
Biology should be pretty cool, because I already know the teacher as I had him in Kinesiology before. Speech is a good class too. The teacher is really nice and we just get to know good techniques to hold a presentation. US History is also good. Today we just talked about how less Americans know about their own country (20% of the population can't find America on the world map - the heck?!). Spanish is soso. On one side I like it, because I like learning new languages and as I know Italian a little bit, I think it's not too hard, but on the other side the system of how the teacher holds her lessons is not really what I expected it to be. We don't write down vocabs, we don't even have an exercise book and somehow I was the only one who took notes and wrote down the meanings of words. Also the teacher talks in Spanish all the time and I get it after a time, but it would be so much easier for beginners to describe things in English. Learning a new language in a foreign language is definitely not the easiest thing. At least I can say who I am, where I come from and count to ten. That makes me proud.
After school I had running practice. It's not mandatory, but it's a good preparation to get into shape for Track. There was only one other girl there today, but I enjoyed it. We run in the school and I think it's just so funny to run through the hallways. I have to say that my private practice in the fitness studio helped me a lot to stay in shape after Cross Country. I would have died today if I wouldn't have kept practicing.

Another thing going on right now is that it is time for the "Prom-consideration/asking-season" how I like to call it. People think about who they should take to prom or even ask already. I haven't been asked yet. I know I could just ask somebody, because many girls do it, but I don't know… I am more the traditional type and want the boy to ask, you know? If I ever get asked by a good looking guy (pleeeeeeease) then I want it to be a cute proposal. People say that in this case movies don't lie and that some people have really lovely ideas. I mean maybe I expect too much, but I have prom only once in my lifetime and I want it to be perfect. Also I have to find a dress. They are freaking expensive, so I think about borrowing one, but I also kinda want to keep the dress after, because it will always remind me of that special event. I want to have a strapless one, with glitter on the top and then a puffy bottom part. I guess I can only dream…

That's it for now. Oh wait! There will follow at least two more posts this month, I promise! First the inbounds have a meeting on the upcoming weekend. We get to know the new exchange students for next year and it is over night, so I will take a bunch of pictures and document everything for you guys. Also my birthday is on Wednesday so I will write a post for sure!

This time I don't have any pictures actually… So I'm just going to show you some Prom dress ideas!

I don't know what it is, but I adore those shoes!

I also like shoes with a strap, because it makes me feel safer when I walk

Sparkle shoes *-*

This is my host sister's prom dress from last year - perfection.

If this one would be strapless...

A prom dress from another girl last year

No comments:

Post a Comment