Two days ago was the 14th so I am a little bit late, but I had no time at all to write a post. The reason? I'll tell you later.
I always wrote a little paragraph in the anniversary posts about the last month, ... kind of...
Knowing that I say it every time, I have to mention that I can't believe that over a quarter of my exchange is already over. It makes me sad. Even eight more months sound really long, I am sure it won't be long! Look how fast 3 months passed and the beginning is the worst part I think. I avoid thinking about leaving all the lovely people I've met so far. One of my best friends said she will definitely cry when I leave and I am sure I will too. It won't be the same as leaving my friends and family in Austria. I knew if everything will go right, I will see everyone of them again, but when I will leave Washington, I have to fear that I won't see many people again. (That was probably completely unenglish, but you know what I want to say). I try not to think about it though!
I have to say that the last month was pretty good! There were nearly any bad things. Some things really bothered me, especially something that I will mention later.
I can say, fall is amazing here. I feel like in Austria we don't really have a long lasting fall. It goes more from the heat-attack into the snow storm.
Here the leaves become really pretty and colourful and it smells so awesome! I love it! Fall is just my favourite season.
And then ... the snow came. It already melted, but still! I experienced my first "american" snow! ⛄
So, I had another sleepover with Franzi. I have to say that I am so happy that she is here too. I was at her place in Mt.Pleasant which is about 40 minutes away from Washington. Her host sisters, some friends, she and I took the car to a restaurant and then drove to Burlington (I think) to this huge game arcade. We played laser tag and I swear! - it's the funniest thing I have ever played. Back home we had so much fun!
I know some of you may think now that it's bad when we speak German, because it gets me back into German-Thinking, but that's not true. I started to think in English about three weeks ago. Before that I thought some things in English, especially when I wanted to say something, I created the sentence in my mind first. Now I really think in English and I don't have to think about the things I want to say, I just say it. When I first came here I always thought carefully about the grammar I use and that stuff, but I can tell you all one thing: There are worlds between learning English in school and talking to a native!
However, I can switch between English and German what is pretty cool. It's like I have a little switcher in my head: When I talk to Franzi I go back into German thinking and speaking, but when somebody interrupts our conversation, I switch back into English and don't mess up.
Now the reason for not writing a post on the 14th: Our football team is really good this year. We won a lot of games and also the one that made the winner taking part in this championship (I hope I tell you the right thing, but I am pretty sure I do). We won the quarter finals too, so there was the semifinal on Thursday.
I came home from school, changed my clothes into orange and black and then Katy picked me up. We drove to another friend's house to do face painting and then met with Katy's grandma, her mother and some other family members. The drive to the stadium took us about two hours. It was just amazing! The hall where it took place was huge! There were so many people and you could really feel the Demon-spirit.
The game itself was exciting! It seemed like we would lose, but five minutes before the fourth quarter was over, we had a touchdown. It was thrilling until the end, because three seconds before the game was over the other team nearly had a touchdown. When it ended I was shaking all over my body and couldn't stop screaming and laughing. I lost my voice that night. We finally arrived at home at 01:45 a.m. and I was dead the next morning. I couldn't keep my eyes open and had a hurting throat. The main thing is that we won though. That means we are going to state! The finals! I forgot the name of the team we will battle, but they had their semifinal game before us and won 40:6 what scares me. I will stay positive though! GO DEMONS!
The reason why I couldn't write the post yesterday was the one thing that really bothered me: Rotary offers a tour through America from mid June until mid of July. You come to states like California, Texas, Florida, New York and much more. It is awesome. I sent my application and the money order two months ago and didn't get any emails back. I asked the other exchange students and they all got a confirmation that the people who organize the tour got their money and the application, except for one girl from Spain. I wrote an email to the organizing person about a month ago, but didn't get a response. I just got so mad yesterday and wrote a new email saying that I don't know if something went wrong, but I am very worried not only because I really want to take part, also because I don't know where my money is - no response. We are talking about a lot of money (I don't want to mention the exact amount) and I can't understand how somebody can be so irresponsible. I think there should exist a base of trustworthiness, but my trust into this person is definitely gone. And even if he didn't get my application and money, he could write me an email saying that he didn't get it. Seriously, writing an email doesn't take that long... This kind of ruined my day and I wasn't in the mood to write a post, so I am sorry.
Whatsoever, it's picture time!
![]() |
| Beautiful fall... |
![]() |
| Snow snow snow... |
| Blue light effect |
| My laser tag team. We won! |
| Weirdos in action |
![]() |
| ^^ |
| We had a sleepover on the 8th of November, the International Hug-An-Exchange-Student-Day! |
| Football fans |
| My teacher is the best! Demon Spirit! |
| Student section |
| Excited!! |
| My best friends |
| Go Demons! |



No comments:
Post a Comment