As I told you all, the time came when I flew to Vermont for Thanksgiving
But before I talk about that, I have to tell you the sad news that we lost the football game on Thursday. We played against a private school so technically we are the best public school of Iowa what is pretty impressive.
Then I went to the movies with my friend Jasmine. We watched Catching Fire and it was one of the best movies I have ever seen!!
I also got the confirmation that I am on the tour and it brightens up my life! I am looking forward to it, because it will be such a unique experience with so many friends I already know (some students from my district travel too) and with friends I don't know yet… Can't wait for it!
Now to Vermont:
We started our journey on Saturday morning with a 4 hour drive to Chicago. We left the airport there to Manchester, New Hampshire and it took about two and a half hours. Then we drove to Stowe, Vermont. Becky told me that we got into a snowstorm, but I can't remember, because I was sleeping all the way.
Here we are living in an apartment, kind of, with Becky's sister Sarah and her husband Don. Becky's grandchildren Izzy and Isabella came too, but left today.
On Sunday we drove to the downtown of Stowe and went a little bit of shopping in the local souvenir stores.
Monday was the ski-day for Sarah, Don and me. The "mountains" are more like hills, but it was ok. It's good for skiing and it was a lot of fun! It is not the same as skiing with my dad and I miss him, but better than no skiing. The ski lift is made by Doppelmayr, an austrian company! Two people talked with me about my skiing skills and it made me a little bit proud.
Today, Tuesday, we drove to Burlington, the biggest city of Vermont, to go shopping!! I got a lot of new stuff for Christmas from my new hostmum Becky and it was a really good day. I have been in the store "Urban Outfitters" for the first time and it was awesome! I love it and have seen so much of their stuff on fashion blogs before, but we don't have it in Austria, so I have never had the chance to get into one.
At this point I want to thank Sarah and Don for taking me skiing and Don and Becky (yes we have two Dons here) for taking me on this trip and buying me all the things today! THANK YOU!
I also want to congratulate my dad. It was his birthday on Friday the 22nd. He is the most amazing man I know and I love him to death. I have always been "Daddy's girl" and I also look like him. He will always be the man number one in my life and I am sad that we couldn't spend his special day together, but we already decided that we will make it up when I am back. He did so much for me in my life and I am thankful for every moment I can spend with him. Thank you dad for being who you are - my dad!
 |
Theresa & I
Yes I look tired, because I was sleeping on the way to the stadium |
 |
| Lost… Don't care |
 |
Sadness
Yepp, orange hair that day |
 |
| I am proud to be a Demon! Good job guys! |
 |
| Catching Fire! Oh my god?! |
 |
| Aaaaaah! |
 |
| Little Chicago over there |
 |
| I feel so free when I fly. I love taking the airplane... |
 |
Okay this needs a little explanation:
My best friend and I decided to take a split picture everywhere we go. As America is such a huge country, we said one state counts like a "country", so here it is, the first split picture in the series! |
 |
| Photobooth with Isabella |
 |
| Innsbruck? Is that you? |
 |
| I am one lucky girl to be able to say I am from Austria, where the mountains are! |
 |
| The "mountains" |
 |
| Skiing! |
 |
| Notice the american flag. It's everywhere |
 |
| Burlington mall |
 |
| I really liked the buildings in Burlington |
 |
| Thank you! |
 |
Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks
Love their winter collection |
 |
| Just chilling on this thingy |
 |
| *-* |
 |
Found this wall in Burlington.
I would guess it was about 20 meters long |
 |
| Oh beautiful Vermont... |
No comments:
Post a Comment