Monday, March 24, 2014

Orientation Meeting - Davenport

On the first of March some other exchange students and I drove up to Davenport which is on the border to Illinois. We had another Rotary Meeting with all the Inbounds and Outbounds. Some time in May we will have a big event where a bunch of important Rotary people will be and we will have to walk in with the flag from the country we are from/we are going to. At that meeting we had to make a big poster board about our country. So we got together in groups with the outbounds and started. My lovely partner Kate, who will go to Austria this summer, and I were a little bit unprepared, but we got to take the poster board home so I am working on finishing it up right now.
The main focus on that weekend was to have fun though! We drove to a building with a glass bridge that was over the street to see the Mississippi river. It was amazing, because we were so high over the street!
After that we drove to a Tractor Museum. I have never seen bigger tractors in my life! It was amazing! We got to sit in some of them too which was pretty awesome.
Later we went ice skating. It was so much fun! Some people have never been ice skating in their life and it was just so funny to teach them how to do it and to see them sliding on the ice. Sadly we had to leave earlier than planned, because it snowed so badly that the roads became very slippery. On our way home we hardly could make it up a hill and slid around - it was a bit scary! Everybody made it to the hotel safely though.
In the evening we just played games, or told stories and just had fun! Unfortunately we all had to go into our rooms, because the drunk people from the wedding party that took place in the same hotel put two chairs in the pool and we got blamed for it which was really unfair! We were allowed to be in each others room till 3am so that was not bad. The girls in my room and me had a lot of fun - it was one of the best weekends ever!

Everybody working hard

More people working

So there were those random ducks

Mississippi River

The glass bridge


I love this picture, because you can see the river in the background



For some reason I like this picture even though I look horrible, but at least Alejandro has a nice smile

I am eating Justin's head

Casually sitting in a tractor wheel




The typical Franzi-Hannah-weirdo-picture

what?

A little french guy being a kid again

My favorites! Plus a spanish photobomb

And those are not even all of them!


weirdos!

My italian girl. Heart her!


Foreigners being foreign

No comments:

Post a Comment