The last month was pretty cool! I really enjoy my time here!
I haven't been homesick yet. Actually I have never been homesick in my life what is pretty cool. I think I have always been an outgoing and independent person, haven't I mum (I know you're going to read this)?!
Over the last days I realized that I improved my english humor. Back in German I would consider myself a funny person, telling jokes, being silly and making a lot of sarcastic comments. Well, I don't get this english sarcasm thing yet, but I would say I am funny again. I got out of this "being all quiet" and "appropriate"- phase and into the me again. My friends here tell me I am hilarious and my foreign-being makes it all better, because sometimes I just wonder about american things and say what I think out loud. One friend in my PE class, her name is Maddie, and I are a good team when it comes to being funny. I think our teacher kind of hates us, because when she plays music, we sing very very loud and wrong. Oh well.
It snowed a lot the last weeks! That makes it feel a little bit like home. I like snow. Even I am freezing cold like all the time I enjoy the winter time. Maybe because I was born on a really snowy day...
Last week I had a sleepover with Franzi again. We went shopping (what we always do), but this time more for other people: We bought Christmas presents!!
Then I had to cheer at a Basketball game and after that we watched movies, ate Chinese food and wrapped presents. It is always so much fun to hang out with this girl!
So Cheerleading is really good! I love it! My team mates are the best!
Even the games are long, it is always fun to be there and cheer for our boys and girls. I really admire them, because I could never ever play that well. They are freakin awesome.
On Friday we played against Fairfield, the town where my exchange friend Federico from Italy stays. We had a bet (like we had with Football) who is going to win. They are really good so I prepared myself for losing the bet, but surprisingly we won! I was so happy that I jumped around and as a cheerleader I am not hidden in the crowd of people, because I stand at the edge of the field, so everybody saw me and some people started laughing as I was totally freaking out about our victory.
Another awesome thing that happened was the following incident: A biology teacher randomly walked into our Kinesiology lesson and what was around his neck? A snake, right. He told us some things about Stella (that's her name) and then asked who wants to hold her. I don't know what made me do it, but I volunteered. I don't even know if I have ever been afraid of snakes. I have never been confronted with one, so I can't say. Snakes are actually really cool animals. I thought they were slimy, but their skin is so soft and nice to touch. The teacher said she would never try to bite us humans, because she knows that we could beat her up and that she would die. So I was just standing in the classroom with a snake chilling on my shoulders.
The same day he fed Stella with a big white rat. It was cool to see how she did that, even we didn't see the whole process. She struggled a little and bit the rat in the tail instead of the neck (what can be very dangerous for the snake) and there were so many people that she got nervous and didn't want to eat with all those people starring at her. She wrapped herself around the rat (that's how they kill it - they produce a lot of pressure and make the heart stop) and slowly wandered to the sink where she hid from all the observers. Then the bell rang and the teacher took her to put her into her cage where she finished her meal (she gets fed about four times a year).
That's all for now. I hope you all are fine at this wonderful time of the year. Happy "Advent"!!!
![]() |
| Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow |
![]() |
| That's what I see every morning when I get ready for school |
![]() |
| Action in PE Yes, I am this girl moving her arm like a weirdo |
![]() |
| Just me dancing in PE, you know |
| Successful shopping day with Franzi |
| This girl <3 |
![]() |
| My Cheerleading team |
![]() |
| My dad says I look american. I guess with the uniform I kinda do |
![]() |
| Today's game against West Branch. Our boys getting ready |
![]() |
| I love Stella! |
![]() |
| You can't see it very well, but that's Stella's attack |
![]() |
| That's when she hid in the sink. |










No comments:
Post a Comment